Monday, July 18, 2005
I'm not feeling in a paragraph sort of mood, so here is what's up lately...
- Friday I took the bus down to Calgary to meet Andrew. We met up and went to my Aunt and Uncle's house for the night, drank a few beers and caught up on life
- Saturday we headed to the Calgary Stampede Ground, ate lots of unhealthy foods, including Tiny Donuts, fudge, hotdogs etc etc. We saw the Rodeo, and walked around exhibitions until we saw David Usher at the grounds
- On the way back home, we stopped in at Wildwoods for a few beers brewed at the bar, quite good, and definitely feel I should go back soon, especially before my Aunt and Uncle sell their house in Calgary - such a great location
- Sunday Andrew had to volunteer an hour at the Planning conference he is to attend the rest of the week and then we met up at the Calgary Zoo, located on an island in the middle of the Bow River - really neat. The Zoo is super cool there since animals in some cases are allowed to wander through pathways that visitors wander through as well. Highlights included:
- the Hippo - not sure I've ever seen one that close before
- giraffes - obviously, so cool. Andrew tells me they only sleep 30 minutes a night
- Red Panda's so super cute that I had to take a picture
- Lemur's - so close you could touch them
- Hmm not sure what else
- Overall, a good weekend. So much walking that my legs hurt today.
Comments:
Post a Comment