Friday, July 29, 2005
Dave finally got possession of his new house and moved in last weekend, luckily while I was away, but has been living in boxes this whole week. Pretty neat house. Definitely reminds me a lot of a nice student house in Ktown, but definitely has a lot more potential then those rat infested places. Aww now I miss Kingston...
This week I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. For all you stoners out there, I definitely suggest seeing this movie. Its so funny. This week I also went to Taste of Edmonton - a festival type thing downtown Edmonton where about 40-50 restaurants have little booths set up where they sell samples. Each sample is usually about $3-$4 but most of the time, totally worth it. The ones that I really liked were:
- Buffalo on a stick - was really good, nice and juicy and I quite enjoyed my first taste of Buffalo or Bison which is what its really called
- Chocolate peanut butter pate - was the richest chocolate I've ever had. So yummy.
- Pork Dumplings - super yummy, however a little cold
- Vegetable Tempura - the chick gave us way too much, so we were really full after the first 5 pieces
Also this week, Zara and I went back to our traditional beers at Filthy's - $1 pints from 5-9pm. So sweet and half off all meals. We sat at the same table as usual too. How weird. The same table that I first flirted with Dave. Teehee.
Last night we went to Kdays. Also known as Klondike days, pretty much the CNE but smaller. I'm really not into rides much anymore and after last night, I remember why. Dave "forced" me to go on a few rides with him, so the first one was kind of boring and then we went on the Zipper. The dude running the place didn't take us off after our first turn, so we went on the ride again and I honestly felt like I was going to be sick. Dave's money kept flying all over the place and hitting us in the forehead and shoulders etc etc. He thinks he lost the ride's worth in change (which breaks out even since we didn't get charged for it). Eugh. I still feel sick thinking about it.
This weekend we're off to Lac La Biche about 2 hours North East of here for a canoe trip loop. I'm really looking forward to it. I really hope the weather holds.