Monday, June 06, 2005
Monday, June 6th
4 days until my birthday! Woohoo and 2 days until I leave for Toronto with Dave. I'm super excited to be going home, see my dog, my family, my cottage, my friends. As much as I can't wait to get home, I can - I'm going to be 25, the big 2-5 and you know what else - 5 to the second power. Ok. Actually now it doesn't seem so bad! What a cool thought.
This past weekend was quite interesting:
Friday: Went out with Zara and Brenda and discussed the scary adventures that Zara and I have experienced in the past year - mostly drunk tobaganning.
Saturday: Went camping with Zara - well attempted to go camping. We left Edmonton at 12noon and didn't find a site until 4pm, because the first 10 sites that we found were either in someone else's backyard or they didn't allow tents anymore. So we decided to try out a provincial park - which was closed and then drove another 30 minutes to another provincial park which was open, but quite expensive. Oh well, at least we got to go camping. We bought some fire wood which was soaking wet, so of course we coudln't keep a fire started, and then I was voted in to go ask our male neighbours if they could help us out - so embarassing, but we really needed to eat dinner. Then we went to bed and drove back.
Sunday: Today I played soccer, and attempted to get to the gym for a swim afterwards, however the gym was closed, so I went out with my soccer team for wings and beer and got to hold our coach's baby - such a cutie. Apparently I looked akward - shock.
Anyway. That was the weekend.
4 days until my birthday! Woohoo and 2 days until I leave for Toronto with Dave. I'm super excited to be going home, see my dog, my family, my cottage, my friends. As much as I can't wait to get home, I can - I'm going to be 25, the big 2-5 and you know what else - 5 to the second power. Ok. Actually now it doesn't seem so bad! What a cool thought.
This past weekend was quite interesting:
Friday: Went out with Zara and Brenda and discussed the scary adventures that Zara and I have experienced in the past year - mostly drunk tobaganning.
Saturday: Went camping with Zara - well attempted to go camping. We left Edmonton at 12noon and didn't find a site until 4pm, because the first 10 sites that we found were either in someone else's backyard or they didn't allow tents anymore. So we decided to try out a provincial park - which was closed and then drove another 30 minutes to another provincial park which was open, but quite expensive. Oh well, at least we got to go camping. We bought some fire wood which was soaking wet, so of course we coudln't keep a fire started, and then I was voted in to go ask our male neighbours if they could help us out - so embarassing, but we really needed to eat dinner. Then we went to bed and drove back.
Sunday: Today I played soccer, and attempted to get to the gym for a swim afterwards, however the gym was closed, so I went out with my soccer team for wings and beer and got to hold our coach's baby - such a cutie. Apparently I looked akward - shock.
Anyway. That was the weekend.
Comments:
Post a Comment