Wednesday, June 22, 2005
- 300 m swim - taking 8 minutes
- 10 km bike - taking about 35 minutes
- 2.5 km run - taking about 20 minutes
- TOTAL time: 63 minutes plus transition.
I'm really not sure about this whole transition time. I don't even know what I want to wear for the tri yet. I've heard that its possible to do the whole thing (because its such a small event) in a bathing suit - but I'm really self-conscious right now and then there is always the fear of chaffing - which I experienced quite a bad case of it, just from walking around Toronto with Dave on a super sweaty day in a skirt. So having my thighs rub together, is really something that I want to avoid as much as possible. However, wearing tight biking pants will be so odd and weird to swim in - I don't really know how I feel about that either. Eugh! This is probably the most annoying part of the training. I'll go see if MEC has any more suggestions for me.
I've done the whole triathlon at the gym (with no transition time) twice now. Once last week, and once last night and hoping to do it all tomorrow including the transition time to see how I feel about it all. Last night it only took 55 minutes and I felt great afterwards, however exhausted.
This will definitely be the best physical challenge for me to face - which I need right now. Hopefully afterwards, I'll be able to keep up this high exercise regime to get myself in better shape for another event again soon.
