<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 16, 2005

I'm 25. I'm not totally sure how I feel about it. I think it really hasn't set in yet, but as soon as someone asks me how old I am, I think then I might break down and cry. Haha just kidding. I'm not upset about where I'm at right now in life.

Last night I officially started intensely training for my mini triathlon which is in less then 2 weeks. I was at the gym for 2 hours and exercised for a total of 63 minutes: 18 minutes on the treadmill (2.5 km), 35 minutes on the bike (10 km) and then 10 minutes in the pool (300 m). It felt great and I'm really looking forward to my workout tonight, however last night when I got home, all I wanted to eat for dinner was salad and I could barely do anything the rest of the night. Keeping my eyes open was a challenge.

My trip to Toronto was really great. I wish I could have seen a few more friends, and talked to the ones that I did see for longer, but I got everything done in Toronto that I had hoped to. Dave and I flew to Toronto Wednesday at midnight and arrived nice and early in Toronto at 6:15am. Had a quick nap before I headed to the dentist, only to be told that I had 7 cavities to be filled (after not having gone to the dentist for 2 years...) and that it would cost me between $500 - $600 dollars. Yikes.

Dave and I then headed downtown Toronto and met up with my brother for a beer on a patio in the horrible hot and sticky heat. We raced home, and waited for Liam to arrive and ordered dinner. The whole family showed up and I got a toothbrush - electric - shocker after all my cavities. And a hiking stove which I'm super pumped about. Should be great for my canoe trip with Dave in early July. We met up with a few of my girlfriends and headed to Philthy McNasty's (Same name as Edmonton, spelt differently and definitely not as cool inside). We met a few more high school friends - some that I hadn't seen in umm maybe 6 years. Craziness!

Friday we headed downtown to see the CN tower (pictures available soon) and the Hockey Hall of Fame. Then started our long trip to the cottage - which took 4 hours instead of the normal 2 that I'm used to - the driving was crazy. I hope to NEVER live in urban sprawl and have to deal with that kind of shit. You have to wonder what better things you could be doing if you could save that commuting time.

Friday night, we had dinner with my parents. Saturday we drank and chilled on the raft all day in the sun and swam in between since it was so incredibly hot. Had dinner with a few friends and Sunday I drove Dave to the airport and went to visit my Nana. She's so cute. Then headed back to Markham to hang out with my parents for the last day.

Overall it was a really great visit. I miss my cottage and family so much. Hopefully I'll be getting some picture updates on my little niece and nephew while I'm still in Alberta. Hint hint.

Melissa

Comments:
Aww...sounds like you had a really nice trip. I wish I could go home too...but I probably won't have time until the end of August!

When is your triathalon?

P.S. NePHew is spelled with a "ph"...like PHilthy McNasty's...
 
Where did I spell Nephew wrong? I can't find it. Philthy's in Edmonton is spelled with an "F" not a "PH".
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?