<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 04, 2004

This past week I spent in Calgary for work. It went fairly well until the last day. I arrived on Monday and spent the night at my aunt and uncle’s house and then the rest of the week at my brothers house. We went to the gym religiously – every day and for 45 minutes of strict cardio, which made me feel really good. One night my sister in law and I went swimming for 30 minutes and swam 32 lengths, and when I got home, I went to bed so early, I was just exhausted.

On Friday, I met two interesting garbage haulers. The first one was old and cranky kept telling me what a pain my boss’ company was for him and how he had to change his schedule all the time for us, meh whatever, MEN! The second driver was a recovering alcoholic, and apparently had been in prison, so I didn’t feel very comfortable sitting beside him in his cab. He was pretty nice and really interested in what I was doing. On my way back to my brother’s house to leave, I heard this problem in my car getting louder and louder. I went to Acura to see if they could find out what the problem was – they said water pump or something else, but they couldn’t fix it (I needed to get back to Edmonton that night for an interview early Saturday morning) so I called Canadian Tire and they said they might be able to. So 24 hours later and loads of money later, I was finally able to drive back to Edmonton. Eugh!

Anyway, it was quite eventful, and I found out how expensive a car really is.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?