<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

News for the weeks:

Well, to start things off, I saw my first scary movie since the Little Mermaid came out when I was 9. I saw the Butterfly Effect. It wasn’t per say scary, but more made you jump. For example, later on when I was thinking back to the movie, I didn’t get all nervous. The second scene with the little boy holding a knife made my housemate and I jump about 5 feet.

Paul came to visit for a few days before his Mining Games competition. While nervous at first, everything turned out really well. We got along great and kept ourselves busy with many activities.

We went to see a play which was very quaint, only 30 people in the audience and only 2 people acting. It was sad (kind of an updated version of Romeo and Juliet) but made me feel good, because I did something different.

We went and saw the movie Monster, after my housemate kept saying she wanted to see it, however when the time came, she didn’t end up coming with us, but we had already bought tickets. It was disturbing and the review of the movie was exact. They said you will feel for the main character and then be shocked when she changes her attitude.

We also went to the gym, where I learned how to do some more weights, in my attempt to tone my body… hahahaha.

We watched my favorite movie: Monster Inc, as I giggled like a little kid as usual. On the weekend he went out with his mining boys and my girls and I showed up at the bars later on in the night. Someone hooked up with someone, funny story, sorry no details.

On the last day that he was here, we saw Eurotrip which was actually funny, to my surprise. It was sad to say goodbye, especially since we had such a great week together.

This weekend, my roommate and I went tobaganning on Friday night. Intoxicated? Possibly…Too many bruises, luckily we wore helmets… haha I wore my hockey helmet, best move I have ever done!

Saturday we went skating on Hawkesbury Lake. We rented skates and I attempted to teach Zara how to skate. It was great exercise especially since one loop around the pond was 1km. We then went shopping, bought some neat new outfits and then out for Malaysian food – hottest meal that I’ve had in awhile. We also ended up at a concert that night to listen to a band play East coast celtic music with Albertan lyrics. For example instead of songs about boats and fishing, the songs were about, farmers, grains, tractors: you get the picture.

Had the most relaxing and uneventful Sunday ever.

Had a great talk with my Dad last night. We talked so much about my favorite topic… haha being a recycling geek and all, it was great!

Um, guess that’s all my news.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?